Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day One

The alarm went off at 5am signaling the first day of training for the National Marathon to End Breast Cancer,. Needless to say the bottle of red wine I chose to consume last night had a different plan for me. I stayed in bed and skipped my first work-out, which only meant after my 10-hour workday I had to force myself to hit the road running.

I've always had a knack for endurance running so I assumed this would be a breeze. Not so much, as I struggled up the hill at the half-way point of my run I thought about how easy I really had it. The biggest challenge I have faced over the past few months has been running up this hill. My life is a breeze compared to the alternatives. So, my alarm is set for 5am again tomorrow - and hopefully I will be able to take this same attitude and force myself out of bed and up the hill again tomorrow.


Passionately Pink,
Christy

2 comments:

  1. LOVE YOU!! good luck with this boo boo!!! :) come see me soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Life is like a marathon. A series of hours make up days, which become years. Life like a marathon is an endurance event. To be successful in the race of life you do not have to be the fastest, the smartest, or the strongest. The race of life is not a competition or even a destination. It is a personal journey and each one of us has our own race to run." Matt jones

    ReplyDelete