Saturday, September 4, 2010

11 & 12

DAY ELEVEN

Woke up this morning to go for a quick run. While running I spotted a frog. Questioned if it was the same one my best friend, Tracy, had stepped on a few years ago. Ended my run early.

Had a brief conversation with my Dad when I got back, it went something like this:

ME: Dad, I'm starting to get a little nervous about this whole marathon thing... last night I filled out my planner with the distances I should be running every day for the next few months and it dawned on me, that for example, I am supposed to be running 11 miles on New Years day. Well, lets be honest, that will never happen.

Dad: Yeah, I got to be honest the whole marathon thing has me thrown for a loop. What are you going to do run the first mile than drive the next 25? Seriously, my daughter who ran cross country struggled with it...

ME: well, it's not like I have ever lost anything in my life.

Dad: well I'm not expecting you to win it..

ME: come on Dad, dream big.


Song of the Day: Barenaked - Jennifer Love Hewitt

DAY TWELVE

I debated not going for a run today but then I remembered the conversation Tracy and I had last night. Apparently, she finds it very amusing that the majority of my blog posts go something like this.. "I was going to go for a run today but I was too hungover." And after finishing a bottle and a half of wine with her last night I was definitely not going to let that be held over my head.

I am so glad that I did go for a run because the weather was perfect. The temperature was incredible for running - not too hot and not too cold. The sun was shining, I could not have asked for anything better.



With this great weather brought out lots of dogs! Specifically, I saw two golden retrievers on my run. For those who haven't heard, I lost my dog Holly - a golden retriever - a few months ago. So as I saw all of these beautiful goldens it made me feel a little closer to her. Dogs are such an important part of your family and it has definitely been hard not having her around everyday. But, seeing all of these dogs made my run so much more special. My run flew by with memories of days spent with Holly at the farm, sporting events and playing field hockey with her.


Song of the day: Destiny's Child - Survivor


Passionately Pink,
Christy

1 comment:

  1. C-still...

    Just wanted to let you know that I am a big fan of your blog, it's inspired me to start my own haha. Good luck on your marathon training, your running stories are quite entertaining!

    love,
    kristi keg

    ReplyDelete