Monday, September 20, 2010

skunks, creeps and shin splints... OH MY!

Over the past week I have been running here and there every day but only two days were really notable.


day one of the creeps and the skunks...

Jogging along, half asleep.. which is my personal favorite way to jog. I was pleasantly awaken by three baby deer who let me get so close I almost touched them. Typically as soon as you get close to a deer, they run... this was one of those odd situations where I was actually more afraid of them than they were of me. Very cool.

As I determined it was best to continue my jog half asleep, I was just getting into my rhythm when a creepy car drove past me, stopped and reversed. I freaked and sprinted around the corner. No sooner had that occurrence happened then another creepy guy was lurking around his parked car. Just about this time I determined it was wise for me to stay awake for this run.

I finally thought I was in the clear when I see a skunk scamper across the street. It was at this point I completely gave up on my run. The problem with this scenario would be the two creepers chilling in my neighborhood. By now I'm sure you have figured out I made it home safely but have determined the streets of suburbia are not ones to be reckoned with.


Shin Splints

A phenomenon I never actually believed in. Back in High School everyone would complain of shin splints... I thought it was their way of getting out of practice and chopped it up to them being a bunch of wimps. Well let me tell you shin splints will get 'cha. I continued jogging on my wounded legs and after a few days determined I should probably trade over to the bicycle. Wise choice - as I found out that if you have an injury you are more prone to shin splints. So what was my sprained ankle turned into shin splints. Go figure.

Another recent discovery.. Michael Jackson "Thriller" is probably not the best song choice when running alone on a path in the dark.

Personal Favorite Songs of the Week:
  • Avril Lavigne - Holding On
  • Keith Urban - Stupid Boy
  • Eminem & Rihanna - Love the way you Lie
  • Blink-182 - Rock Show

1 comment:

  1. the worst is when someone is running the opposite direction, on the same side of the street. You have a stare down. And then you "hello" but they don't say anything back. Then I feel like a creeper :(

    ReplyDelete